Type to search

China ‘Stolen Personal Data of 80% of Americans’ – The Hill

Chinese hackers have been allowed to collect unprecedented amounts of information on US citizens, claimed writer Gordon G Chang

Illustration photo of computer code on a screen above a Chinese flag
Illustration photo of computer code on a screen above a Chinese flag. Image: Reuters


US President Jo Biden has been accused of standing by while Chinese hackers collect the personal data of millions of Americans, according to an opinion piece on US political website The Hill.

They quoted William Evanina telling a Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: “It is estimated that 80% of American adults have had all of their personal data stolen by the CCP [Chinese Communist Party] and the other 20% most of their personal data.”

Full story: The Hill


  • By Sean O’Meara


Read more:

Hacker Claims to Have Stolen Data on 1bn Chinese in Record Breach

N Korea Hackers Prime Suspects in $100m Harmony Crypto Heist

Crypto Platform Poly Network Rewards Hacker with Big ‘Bug Bounty’



Sean O'Meara

Sean O'Meara is an Editor at Asia Financial. He has been a newspaper man for more than 30 years, working at local, regional and national titles in the UK as a writer, sub-editor, page designer and print editor. A football, cricket and rugby fan, he has a particular interest in sports finance.


AF China Bond