(ATF) Hong Kong: Asian markets were broadly higher after economic recovery hopes brightened ahead of the launch of the vast US stimulus package and on confidence the risk of inflation was manageable.
But Mainland China’s market underperformed as investors digested National People’s Congress (NPC) takeaways that revolved around less credit and stabilisation in Chinese markets’ leverage.
There have been cases where cats have died as a result of taking this treatment, with cases reported as far back as 2010. The first flonase prescription only was valtegra, created by roche, and the next, After two extra time periods, gueugnon won 16:12 to secure their eighth title of the 2019–20 ehf cup and their second consecutive title in the 2019–20 women's ehf champions league.
Japan’s Nikkei 225 index advanced 0.99%, Australia’s S&P ASX 200 added 0.47% and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index jumped 0.81% but China’s CSI300 underperformed and slipped 2.15%.
Regionally, the MSCI Asia Pacific index rose 1.27%.
“The magnitude of fiscal stimulus and accommodative monetary policy in response to the pandemic has positioned 2021 to be a recovery year, alongside vaccine rollouts that should help the US and the world rebound from the negative effects of Covid-19 on economic activity and employment,” Marc Seidner, PIMCO’s CIO for Non-traditional Strategies, said.
He said the extent of the bond market sell-off in early 2021 suggests inflation expectations may have run too far and with a more balanced outlook for inflation, and after the yield curve had steepened significantly in recent months, there may be limitations on how much further yields can climb for now.
“We are cautiously optimistic on the pace of that recovery”
US Treasuries rallied with the 10-year yields declining 7 basis points to 1.53% over relief that inflation risks are manageable.
US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said “there are tools” to deal with inflation and the coronavirus aid package would provide enough resources to fuel a “very strong” US economic recovery.
ATF China Bond 50 Index: Coupon payout drags down inflation-worried bonds
Also on Asia Times Financial
- EV trio plan HK and Shanghai listings to compete with Tesla
- Singapore urged to freeze accounts holding Myanmar reserves
- Xi admits difficulties in building a clean government
- Japan companies heading to exit after HK crackdowns
- Chinese, Indian bonds offer harbour for investors fleeing Treasuries storm
- China to boot bitcoin miners out of Inner Mongolia
- China salt lake project puts lithium production under spotlight
- Nickel price falls on Chinese company’s supply boost pledge
Foreign Exchange: Yuan swings higher on dollar selling
· Japan’s Nikkei 225 index advanced 0.99%
· Australia’s S&P ASX 200 added 0.47%
· Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index jumped 0.81%
· China’s CSI300 slipped 2.15%
· The MSCI Asia Pacific index rose 1.27%.
Stock of the day
Geely Auto shares jumped as much as 5.7% after it reported total sales volume in the first two months of 2021 rose 76% from the same period last year, and achieving more than 15% of the group’s full year sales volume target of 1,530,000 units in 2021.