Auto dealers want carmakers to stop overloading them with new vehicles amid a sharp price war, saying it is killing some outlets.
Officials have ordered top carmakers to a meeting in Beijing after an industry chief blew the whistle on "secondhand cars with zero mileage" in the Chinese market
CATL, which produces 38% of the world's EV batteries, sees year's biggest listing, despite being put on a US blacklist four months ago. Proceeds could top $5 billion if greenshoe option is exercised.
Analysts say countries in Southeast Asia like Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia, plus Mexico, who are part of the China-plus-one supply chain, will need to make better deals with Washington.
Industry sources expect Beijing to ease process for US firms to get export licences for rare earths, while Australia is looking to set up a strategic reserve stockpile of critical minerals
China's most successful carmaker is eyeing major growth from plants it is building in Europe and South America, and hopes to have half its sales overseas by 2030
Japan says tariffs imposed on autos, steel and aluminium cannot be excluded from trade talks, because the auto sector is a core national industry
Banking sources say the net payments system is designed for large corporations and works directly with 11 Chinese provinces
Car industry reeling from 25% auto tariff, which will likely to hit Japanese carmakers not producing autos in the US, while companies with factories in Mexico and Canada, will also suffer, analysts say
Hanoi will reduce tariffs on LNG and cars from the US, and will allow satellite internet services by Elon Musk’s Starlink, it said today. It has also signed big energy deals with US firms
Popular support saw a share sale by the Chinese company ramped up and ended with the firm raising $5.5 billion, it said on Tuesday.
The car will cost at least 20% less to produce than the refreshed Model Y launched last year, sources said. Production will begin next year.